Wednesday, September 14, 2011

People can be nice

Location:
Walking to my work offices

What I heard:
Our office is on the first floor of a shopping centre. Downstairs is a coffee shop. They are the only people at work before me, baking the muffins and other stuff. And I swear they are ALWAYS so chirper, talkative, cheerful and friendly. Sometimes I think they are getting high on all the caffeinated coffee. Case in point: as I walked on the first floor, a guy came out of the coffee shop downstairs, carrying all the chairs to set up outside. He greeted me with a very happy: "Good morning" and  "How are you?" And it felt really good to have this onslaught of niceness at that time of the morning.

2 comments:

Deidre said...

It's nice that they are so chipper! I have to walk through a whole street of coffee shops before I get to my office building, and no one seems very pleased to be there!

Prixie said...

Aw...so sorry. Hopefully they will change their attitude - one day!