Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Everyone changes, and that's okay

Location:
At home, watching the "Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Time of the Doctor".

What I heard:

Doctor Who is a show that you either love, or know nothing about. It is far too complicated to summarise the premise into a few sentences, after all it has been on TV since 1963.

Needless to say, I am a fan (Whovians, we're called) and I eagerly watched the latest Christmas Special Episode.

This quote grabbed my attention:
The Doctor: “We all change, when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s okay. That’s good. You’ve gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this. Not one day, I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.”

That is a universal truth, we keep on evolving, all of us, adapting and surviving. It made me realise it is fine to mourn the person we thought we could be, and embrace what we have become.  Because, sometimes, life really doesn't go according to the plans we made and we don't become the ideal version of ourselves. But I think we become who we need to be, so that we can enjoy where life has taken us.

No comments: