Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spicing up an old favourite

Location:
In the kitchen

What I taste:
Oats - they're good, wholesome and healthy. But it can get a bit monotonous to eat it every morning with the same taste filling your mouth. So I decided to spruce it up a bit. To my general oats, I have added either one of the following, or a complementary combo:
  • Pieces of vanilla pods.
  • Nutella Chocolate Spread
  • Peanut Butter
  • Powdered cinnamon 
  • Grated apple 
  • Cashew nut spread 
  • Chopped kiwi fruit 
  • Nutmeg (just a bit!) 
  • Honey 
  • Almond butter 
I have also started to add either cinnamon or vanilla to my coffee for a bit of flair. It's as if your taste buds go on an adventure every morning! And it certainly makes breakfast more interesting! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try some chopped dates and banana
really yum.